Monday, December 3, 2012

Snooze or lose.

This morning I awoke in a haze. I hit the snooze button three times which is rare for me. I just didn't want to get out of bed. I have to attribute it to my recent lack of sleep. I'm not sure why this is happening because I have been extra good recently. So I guess I'll have to blame my hormones...or lack thereof.

This morning after successfully sending my kids off to school and starting a load of laundry, I went back to bed. Again, rare for me. But I knew that if I didn't catch up, something bad would catch up with me. I slept until 11am.

When I awoke, I felt like a different person. To be honest, I could have stayed in bed. It has been foggy since Saturday night, and perhaps the lack of sunlight was haunting my sub-conscience. But I fought the urge to remain in place and hopped out of bed, changed into my running garb, and prepared myself for a mile or two. What I hadn't realized that the temperature had climbed into the low 50s while I slept, and a quick step outside to let the dogs in made me rethink my wardrobe. Way too warm for a jacket and long pants...so I changed again into capris and a long sleeved dri-weave. Even that might have been overkill. If it weren't for the cooling west wind, it would have been.

I hadn't eaten since breakfast. And that was just a small grapefruit and a cup of mixed fruit, but I didn't really feel like eating. Instead, I downed a Cliff Mocha Energy Gel and a cup of water. Boy, that was pretty tasty. And just enough to jump start my metabolism. Off I went into the still cloudy, dreary, early afternoon day, and rocked out 7 miles. Kinda nice though because there was NO traffic. I pretty much had the road to myself. I debated doing speed work, but instead just went for the run. There is always tomorrow.

Weather: 50s, cloudy turned sunny. Mild. Light west wind.
Clothing: Black capri's, neon green long sleeved Brooks half zip, sports bra.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.