Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dinner side note...

As a side note, I had the most amazing salad for dinner tonight. I was lucky in that my husband took the girls to Subway for their dinner, so I was on my own. I LOVE it when that happens. I'll sometimes opt for a Shakeology or something really simple. Tonight I made this salad...

Now, I don't normally shop at Walmart, but I stopped in there the other day to pick up a grocery item on the way home from picking up the girls and I found this product called Marketside Asian Chopped Salad. I looked on the Walmart site to share the link with you but I could not find it on their website. But you may want to look for it the next time you happen to be in a Walmart with a grocery section.

Inside is a cabbage chopped salad, like cole slaw, a ginger inspired dressing, and a bag with some tortilla strips and almonds. Don't ask me why an Asian chopped salad would have tortilla strips in it...but I digress.

Anyways, I never use the packaged dressings in these kits, but I did open it tonight and drizzled a little of it over the bag of cabbage. I then put half the package of slaw on top of a bed of romaine lettuce. I chopped up about 1/2 cup of rotisserie chicken breast, one chopped honey crisp apple, an ounce of goat cheese, and just a wee bit of the tortilla/almond packet. HELLO! It was just magnificent! Now, watch I go back into Walmart and I can't find this stuff again.

Tomorrow, I'll still have half a package left for something else inspiring. Here is the empty bag, rescued from the garbage for the purpose of showing you what it looks like...


And look! Ahhh! They are WONTON strips. Silly me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.