Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I really DID run home!

If you remember, or if you are so inclined to go back through my previous posts, you will see back in October I had the opportunity to visit my sisters back in my home state of New York. My sisters live relatively close to the town where we were raised, about 4 miles or so away. Of course, I never give up the opportunity to run if I have it, and I had it while I was there.

One day, I chose to run the miles back to the house where I grew up. From where one of my sisters lives now, that distance was 4 miles in one direction, so it made for an 8 miler that day. While I was in my hometown, I took some photos of some very familiar places.

Now that I live in Minnesota with my husband and kids, I don't get back to New York as often as I would like. It pretty much sucks, because I love my sisters so very much and I miss them more than you can imagine. We used to drive our RV out there every Thanksgiving years ago, but the wear and tear on the vehicle, not to mention on our sanity, forced us to quit that endeavor. Now, I just take the flight out there once or twice a year...alone.

In my inbox yesterday, I received my DailyMile 2012 year in review. I was quite intrigued by the numbers that is says I ran last year. 1259.24. That number looked awful familiar to me, although I could not quite place it. Then, today as I was driving home from running some errands, it hit me. That is the mileage from where I live to where I lived. According to Google Maps,it actually is just a few miles more, but not a heck of a lot.




Doesn't that just put it all into perspective? Last year, I ran from here...central Minnesota, to Long Island, NY. WOW! I just impressed myself.

And maybe next visit, I'll just save the airfare and hoof it...LOL!


Meanwhile, in my never ending quest to run, and run well, I came across these at Walgreens today. I'm curious if anyone has tried them and what they think of them. I have a friend who talks of a "mint" that they used to make for runners, and I wonder if this isn't what she was referring to.



Have you tried them?


2 comments:

Stacey Runs and Eats said...

That is so cool that you "ran home"!! I still live in the same town I grew up in so that wouldn't work for me ;)

ThePetitePacer said...

It says 8 vitamins - any electrolytes? how many carbs?

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.