Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The day worth mentioning

Some days can be so totally empowering, you have to pinch yourself. This was one of them. They don't happen very often, but when they do, you wish that they would just last forever, and that you have the stamina enough to make it through forever.

It started at 5am. Yeah, I got up and was on the treadmill within 15 minutes. But it wasn't the run that made the day so great. It was getting out of the house by 7:30am, going to my classes, eating lunch in an empty cafeteria (it is spring break for the underclassmen), more learning, then off to a running clinic. Afterwards, feeling the full buzz from a full day and not nearly enough to eat...getting home and sharing the day's events with my husband and kids...and being so MENTALLY exhausted that I just have to share it with someone else. Namely, you...those who may read this blog. If I had known that it all would be so stimulating, I'd have done it years ago.

If you don't know yet, I've returned to school to get a certificate in web design, mainly so that I can put together some websites for my husband, but beyond that, to improve my skills as a graphic artist, and perhaps start a secondary career as a website designer. Learning is so freakin' empowering. It makes me  want to learn so much more. Once your brain starts, it is hard to shut it down. You just want to keep feeding it more and more knowledge.

Straight from there, I went to a running clinic sponsored by Newton at a local running store. Again, beyond empowering. Hanging and conversing, and learning with fellow adult runners...wow. It is very obvious to me that I need to get out of the house more. I must have sounded like a prisoner who was just released from jail...jabbering away like I used to as a kid, driving my family insane. It was fun. It was educational. It was inspirational. It was great to hear that I was doing so much right, yet still had room to improve. And it was great to be among others who carried the same interests as myself...and who get me.

On top of all of it, I had a great afterburn going on from P90X Chest and Back. The soreness I felt all day was almost like a feel-good drug. I'm feeling leaner than ever...and being away from home and the temptations to snack all day made it quadruply wonderful. (Is that a word?) Ahhhhhh.

I have no pictures to share, no words of wisdom, no sarcastic comments...just my awe inspiring day to pass along, and maybe motivate you to do something you have been waiting to do.

Do it.

But for those who care, back to the run this morning. It was a 3-miler on the treadmill...which started with a 10 minute walking warm up. I started at 6.0 mph and increased to 7.0 by mile 1. I ran .5 miles at 8.0 mph, then back to 7.0 mph for .5 miles. Then I repeated it. That was 3 miles. Then I did a .5 mile cool down walk. The run itself was just under 24 minutes. I was sweaty and happy.

Tomorrow is a 6-miler. I hope to take it outdoors despite what the weather brings.

How about you? When was your last completely empowering day?

1 comments:

ThePetitePacer said...

Oh, Theresa! That was great that you're joining the outside world again, and enjoying it! Yay!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.