Saturday, February 2, 2013

A pox upon the Amoxicillin


OMG, some days I'm so thankful for the internet and it's vast amount of incorrect and not so incorrect information. I mean, thanks to all the crap out there, you can diagnose yourself with brain cancer and write out your final will and testament within a matter of minutes. How fantastic is that?

I've been on amoxicillin for 8 days, and quite frankly, I feel like crap. Not so much because of the sinus infection it is supposed to be fighting, but because I'm bloated beyond belief. I feel like I was just starting to get somewhere with my weight, keeping it where I wanted it to be to begin marathon training, and now it has gotten out of hand. I haven't even gotten on the scale because I'm scared shitless. For me, it is better not to look and to just KNOW that after tomorrow, I'll be off the meds and I can get back on track.

I was able to find some Q and A's on the ol' world wild web that were able to back me up enough to know that I'm not completely crazy and I haven't eaten myself into oblivion this past week. But in the meantime, I have to deal with it.

It's funny, because my inner calves hurt again, like they did when I put on a few pounds over the summer. It's almost like my body knows which weight I run best at. Gawd, I love learning about myself. This entire journey has been so eye-opening.

The only trouble is, the next time Dr. Redford (I call him that because he is the Robert Redford of general practitioners) asks me if I have any problems with amoxicillin, I wonder if I can tell him..."It makes me feel like a beached whale." Maybe...maybe not.

Have you ever had any reactions like that to a prescription drug? If so, how did you regroup?

2 comments:

RunningJunkie said...

If it's something being caused by the medication, don't worry. It will go away!!

We all feel like this at times. I know that it's really hard to do but perhaps you should try to not weigh yourself a lot? I know that people say weighing yourself makes you accountable, but I've found that with my body, when I stop obsessing, stop watching every.little.thing I eat, and just eating when I'm hungry and what my body is craving I will become comfortable again. It may take a few days, or a couple weeks, but just try to listen to your body:-)

A running chick said...

I know it will, Junkie...I'm so anal. This kind of stuff stresses me out to no end. I'm learning to deal, and I know that time heals everything. I'm just time obsessed. I blame it on my former career as a TV weathercaster. I'll be fine. Thanks SO MUCH for the support. It means a lot! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.