Friday, February 22, 2013

Head colds, snow storms, and rest days

In Minnesota, two things happen in the winter. It is either bitter cold, or just below freezing. The trouble is, when it is right below freezing, it means it is likely snowing. That was today. It was kind of a bummer because it was a really beautiful day sans the snow. If the visibility weren't as bad as it was, I would have run in it. But, I would like to make it to my 47th birthday.

According to Hal Higdon, today was to be a rest day. But it was my scheduled P90X Legs and Back day. I did it...and walked 6 miles on the treadmill, too. My husband had to plow the drive this morning, and I didn't want to spend the time on my ass waiting for him. Sorry, Hal.

Tomorrow, an 8-miler is on the schedule. I may take it outdoors if the snow stops. That might be wishful thinking. But that is what I do best.

Unfortunately, I also feel a head cold coming on. It is worse at night. I don't know if that is because my resistance lowers at night, or if perhaps it is some kind of reaction to the dry air around here. But, I'm chewing the Airborne, hoping for a miracle.



This weekend marks a month without having an alcoholic beverage. Again, not because I think I have a drinking problem, but just because I don't think I really need it. It weighs me down, wrecks my sleep, and I find I eat more when I drink. I don't miss it, really. I'm just as happy with flavored seltzer water. And that doesn't leave me with a headache.

So, pretty boring day. Maybe I'll have more to report this weekend.

Do you have anything exciting planned for your weekend?

1 comments:

Amanda @fridaylovesong.net said...

That's how I started to feel about soda when I started weaning off of it. BUT I do think today is national Margarita day!

Hope you start feeling better. I love those chewable airborne. I can't stand the bubbly fizzy crap, it kinda freaks me out. When I start feeling sick I hit those, green tea, and some echinacea and usually I can knock it out before it gets too bad.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog post today! Don't forget to share it with your friends.